Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Wedding in Early November

Mr. Husband and I were
so glad to be invited to a wedding where we live!


It was beautiful, as I find all Orthodox weddings to be...


I always find the crowning at the end
to be the most moving parts of an Orthodox wedding.


 At the reception there were three
'first dances' that were quite moving,
the bride and groom,
the father and bride
the mother and groom.


Very beautiful!


The 'sweetheart's table'


Their wedding icons.


This rusynk was made by a dear friend
of theirs and the couple was hand-tied with it.


It was a lovely afternoon and evening!

3 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Simply beautiful! May God richly bless this newly-married couple as they set up their very own "domestic church".

karen said...

so beautiful! We are gearing up to planning our daughter's wedding, eep! I'm sure next summer will be here before we know it.

Martha said...

what a lovely wedding...my husband and I were also married in November ♥