Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A New Song and More Blanket Stripes


I am finally making some real progress on 
the blanket!
At least three more stripes are needed before
I can work on a boarder.
As you can see, I am still on a Jan Karon kick!
Finished book # 3, don't yet have book # 4 so am reading 
#5 instead which is A New Song


I am pleased with the 'textured look' of this blanket...


My goal is for it to be a long lap blanket to sit curled up in
when reading a book and drinking tea.


What are you reading and creating?
Yarn Along with us!


9 comments:

harknessangels said...

Your lap blanket is wonderful!

Paula said...

that's looking really cozy. Are you going to do a moss border?

elizabeth said...

thanks!

Paula ~ as in seed stitch? I am thinking of exactly that... :)

October Rose said...

So much fun to watch this grow longer each week!

Sarah in Indiana said...

The blanket is beautiful! I am reading the new Mitford book right now. The series a special to me because it was just what I needed to read at a.particular point in my life, now past.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Oct. Rose!

Sarah ~ thanks!! I am looking forward to reading the new Mitford book! I find that as I am re-reading them now that I often need to hear the 'messages' there in. A blessing to have books to help us in our life and various situations. So nice that the series is special to you; they are dear to me too.

Lisa said...

That looks very soft and warm. It's very important to have throws about. :)

Michelle M. said...

The blanket looks beautiful!

Bea at Beas Coffeebreak said...

Blankets give so much pleasure both during the making and the enjoying of it when finished. This is beautiful!