Sunday, January 17, 2010

The next step in a series of steps

Some verses I have been thinking about:
I sought the Lord and He answered me
and delivered me out of all my fears
***
In repentance and rest is your salvation
in quietness and trust is your strength
***

The Lord is merciful and compassionate
abounding in mercy
***
The Lord knows what we are made of...
dust...
***
I start my French class tomorrow
with the same sense of not knowing at all what it will be like.
Similar to flying to a new country
except that I no longer have the youthful
anticipation for it.
I can tell you that I think taking French for me is going to be like
a very prolonged Lent
in which I must depend on God
work as hard as I can
and scale back activities according to the season.
***
I may not be able to blog as much,
email friends as much,
or comment on blogs as much.
I certainly am backing off from Facebook more and more
as time goes by.
***
But it does not mean that I have ceased to love my friends
including those in the blog world.
But for the sake of my working towards a future
that includes a job
and to be true to the diligence that French studies requires,
I will have to do what is needed.
Right now I don't know what will be needed!
That is the hardest part.
I can only anticipate
watch
pray
and find my yellow cards to be ready to create Flashcards,
starting tomorrow,
the Eve of Theophany
(old style).
So please know that if I have commented on your blog
or if you comment here
that I care about your existence.
That I hope to still be here
but that ultimately
are care and love comes from God
and we must all trust God in this.
***
So with little more dramatic flair,
and with a Kleenex box in hand,
a note book, pen and purse
and some food
I will begin my newest adventure in life.
Going to school with God as my protector
my Guardian Angel I pray near by
and the love and prayers
of the Saints who
are always
with
us.

5 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

Father, Niko, and I pray as your start this journey. We wish you all the best!!!

E Helena E said...

A timely and wonderful post and photo! You are in my prayers always. Bon courage! I certainly understand about the "scaling back".

Sarah in Indiana said...

Bonne chance avec la classe!

MamaBirdEmma said...

I hope that your class goes smoothly! Enjoy Theophany!

elizabeth said...

thank you everyone so much!!