Monday, January 23, 2023

The Fog of JOY

This was Christmas Eve. 

I had just come down with Sweets Syndrome again (first had in 2010).

I am managing it well considering. 

Last weekend I was on 100mg of steroids. 

Made me really physically unwell. 

Today I am down to 60.


I am learning to adapt pivot and see how blessed I am. And while on steroids. 

Christmas Tree Spode Teapot from Poshmark 🫖 ✔️

Christmas Tree Spode plates in melamine for dishwasherable ease because ill -- gotten at 50% off after Christmas sales ✔️

Paper Napkins ✔️
Dishwasherable silverware ✔️

Easy meal prep ✔️

Amazing desserts ✔️

Did I sleep at all last night? No. Sugar and prednisone. 

Will I sleep tonight. Should. Can take my every other night sleep med.

Am I resting today? Yes.

Do I need your prayers? 

YES PLEASE. 

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Sweets syndrome sounds like an unpleasant condition to have. I hope the medication helps clear it up.

R's Rue said...

I echo Granny’s sentiments. Have a wonderful evening.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Martha said...

Your church looks so very beautiful! Are they recommending you slowly taper off the prednisone? The 1st time I didn't, then 2nd time, did, and felt much better. I have a love/hate with sugar!

lizaellen said...

Your home always looks so cozy! I'm happy that you can feel the joy of the season in spite of circumstances - that isn't always easy but God's strength carries us through all things.
There is 'life after prednisone' so keep in perseverance. Prayers for blessings and peace.

Becki said...

Praying for you tonight, Elizabeth. I hope you're soon enough completely off the prednisone. And feeling well.

Nancy said...

Prednisone is a blessing and a curse. Praying that you will be totally well soon.