Wednesday, January 11, 2023

5th Day of Christmas ~ {The Holy Innocents} ~ I still need prayer

Summary of how it is going now....

Christ is Born! Glorify Him! 
We had our Christmas on Saturday! [PRAYER REQUEST below]

It's been a bit of a wild ride because I had a cold that turned baterial and then I had antibiotics (which helped) but then I got a rash and had to be on steroids and I started to go less on streoids and broke out in a different type of rash that itches and have to call the dermatolgist in the morning. Thankfully I have access to medical help easily, including by video.  
The first 4 days of steroids I also took what I was told was a "sleep med" because I know that steroids = insomnia but the pharmacy said that the one perscribed was NOT like Benadryl (which instead of making me sleeply wires me) when it is VERY much like Benadryl. So I was double wired and getting about 2 hours/sleep/night. Not that great when trying to recover from a chest cold (it's largely better now but some lingering chest congestion).  

I stopped that one med and calmed down a bit. I managed to get 5 hours of sleep (!!!) in two 2 hour streches and 1 more hour last night. 

The new rash is on my hands/feet mainly and my hands are the worst for being itchy.  

So I have a feeling I may have to up my steriods (will call derm in AM) which may impact my insomnia. So lots to figure out. 

Let me tell you, my pantry has never looked as good, LOL; the other night I organzied our postage stamps in the middle of the night and today I worked on the closet. In otherwords, I am still fairly wired LOL.  

I will work on doing some more resting. Some friends and family have already been praying for me and I really feel the prayers. The joy of Christmas is very strong. When I was going through the worst of it (which was actually Christmas Eve Friday night) two prayers kept returning:

"The Father is my hope; the Son is my refuge; the Holy Spirit is my protection. O Holy Trinity, glory be to you!"

and

"“Lord have mercy. Thee I adore. Into Thy Hands."

which I learned when I was 19 in Elizabeth Goudge's novel the Scent of Water: 

"“My dear,” he said, “love, your God, is a trinity. There are three necessary prayers and they have three words each. They are these, “Lord have mercy. Thee I adore. Into Thy Hands.” Not difficult to remember. If in times of distress you hold to these you will do well.”

I really feel God's mercy in the midst of this and also am so thankful that I am so blessed with good care, a very kind and solicitous Husband and beloved family, church family and friends! 

Welcoming your prayers 🙂 (ESP for SLEEP!!!) ❤

3 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Oh, Dear Elizabeth! May God's holy angels comfort and quiet your precious body and mind, and give you peace. This is a lot to go through. Christ is born! Glorify Him!

Nancy said...

Prayers of wisdom for the doctors caring for you and sleep. Maybe when you are well again you should get another cat. An older one.

BTW, those prayers are wonderful!

elizabeth said...

Cat 🐈 no but I am going to have fun now and when better!