Sunday, January 01, 2023

Thankfulness during illness



I am still feeling quite unwell with this cold and realized that I need to practice thankfulness. So here's things I am thankful for, Christmas Holiday Edition.

1. A plant-based vegetable broth I found at the store 
2. Parents who care for me and gave medicine and were very solicitous
3. We drove to see a nephew who is very responsible but didn't show up at the restaurant... he was sleeping after long days of work snowplowing ... we were so relieved when we found out that he was safe and well. 
4. I saw beautiful bluejays and red cardinals (one of my favourites) when we were having a snow storm. 
5. I got to see my Grandma on December 25 Christmas 
6. I got my Grandma's tin that she was given with a fruitcake in it in the 1950s. That tin was such a meaningful gift. With baked goods, the last my Grandma plans on making for us grandkids. She's 92.
7. I turned 46. A friend gave me a really sweet gift and I got some cards, emails and texts. I also was given birthday money that paid for the vintage Christmas Tree Spode Teapot that I got earlier in December. It was shipped on December 5, the day people in Holland celebrate St Nicholas day. 
8. I got treasured emails from a dear family in Ottawa.
9. Another Ottawa family with my sister-friend texted me pictures of her Grandma's tin that is similar to mine. Special that we both have one that was our Grandmother's. 
10. My niece made me a potholder and my sister gave me a calendar of pictures that I love. 
11. My Husband who is my sense of home. I love that he is my best friend. 
12. That I am blessed with family and friends. 
13. My parents and being home with them. My Dad's fried eggs and potatoes. My Dad fixed my lamp that was not staying on.

I am praying that I can recover from this cold soon. The biggest thing is that I didn't get the rest I needed because I kept having very interrupted sleep. Now I am home and so far am resting a lot more. 

We really hope we won't miss our Christmas again this year like last year when we got COVID. 

Our Christmas is this Saturday. 

Please pray for us. 

May God have mercy on us and save us 🙏 


7 comments:

Katja said...

Beautiful. I love the cardinal and blue jay pictures.

We've been sick here as well... Now that just about everybody has had this thing, I hope that we'll be good and done with it soon.

Happy New Year, it's always good to hear from you!

Mary said...

CHRIST IS BORN ! GLORIFY HIM ! Can you share the recipe for your dads' fried eggs and potatoes?

Gretchen Joanna said...

Christ is born!

I pray you get well soon. May the Lord comfort you. <3

Granny Marigold said...

Happy New Year and also belated birthday wishes for a healthy year ahead.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, be well and warm…and all the best to you in the new year. xo, V.

Martha said...

I was thinking of you on your birthday!
We were sick last week. I'm grateful to be well again and pray you are well soon!

elizabeth said...

Mary no recipe. Just fried eggs. And potatoes done in veg oil. He uses a big cast iron pan!