Tuesday, January 17, 2023

10th Day of Christmas I went to NYC

I had my yearly Tea and Sympathy date with my friend who is one of the few who went to my wedding 10 years ago in Ottawa and who I can see in person in my daily life.  And as she listened to me talk about being sick so suddenly and having to learn how to best deal with it, I truly had Tea and Sympathy ❤️

I explained earlier about my situation as it is right now as of last night before I fell asleep:

it is now 1:35 AM. I woke up overheated and itchy again. 

I promised my Husband that I would rest in the middle of the night if I woke up again. 

Last night I got up, reorganized our "junk drawer", the space under the kitchen sink and reorganized my gift bag / tissue paper / ribbons / Christmas bows box. 

🤣🙃😳😉🤔😂

You have no idea how good it feels under the stress of steroids to have things organized. Everything is amplified and my ability to deal with clutter and mess is amplified too. 

Insomnia and steroids. 

Now I have to learn to just be still if I wake up again.  LOL 🙃🤣

I was given a generous gift 🎁 card and bought some beautiful gifts 🎁 😍 🎄 that I can't wait to show you! 

I was really tired after being in NYC so everything is still in bags. 

So God helped me unexpectedly, yesterday, too. I am immune compromised because of being on high doses of steroids so I am being EXTRA careful about masking in public spaces especially in  NYC and public transit. If I got sick with cold or flu on top of my current illness it would be so hard on myself and Husband. So when I wear a mask I also use a headband with buttons as I find the mask too tight on my ears.  Somehow I lost the headband and was not going to be able to mask properly.  I took EVERYTHING out of my purse looking for it. Searched my pink cart, took everything out. Looked through all my bags. Looked where we were sitting before we got a table. It was GONE. So off we went (I even went asking at the place we got "chicken chunks' and asked if they had seen it. No dice).  So we went to the English Grocer (no big surprise I restocked up on 2 favourite teas) 🤣🫖🙃☕️🫖🤩 ... I went to grab my mask for the cab (the store we were in was basically empty). I pulled out my mask from my purse (that I had completed emptied with my friend watching) and there was my mask headband as if I had never lost it. I knew God and St Phanourios 🙏 had helped once again 🙏 when I really needed the help.

So I am seeing how God is with me helping me in this unexpected situation. 

So: prayer request: itching & insomnia but also wisdom about how to medically handle this situation. 

I am seeing so many blessings in my life through this. I hope to be better again of course. 

But I can tell that God is blessing me in this.

Well. Time to see if I can sleep again! 

I had such a great time in NYC.  God is so good to me 🙏❤️🙏


5 comments:

lizaellen said...

You will be in my prayers most certainly. I have lupus which causes me to break out in hives and itching periodically so I can empathize with your situation. It's a blessing to me to hear your recognition of God's nightly and gracious hand in seemingly small situations - your mask headband which may be easily discounted by some but is truly important. Continue to take care of yourself and your Husband; that is a calling to be honored!

lizaellen said...

You will be in my prayers most certainly. I have lupus which causes me to break out in hives and itching periodically so I can empathize with your situation. It's a blessing to me to hear your recognition of God's mighty and gracious hand in seemingly small situations - your mask headband which may be easily discounted by some but is truly important. Continue to take care of yourself and your Husband; that is a calling to be honored!

Martha said...

The scones, clotted cream and jam look scrumptious!
All is in God's hands, our troubles and challenges, and He will take care of it for us.

Becki said...

Elizabeth, I did some back reading to see what's going on and I want you to know you have my sympathy, AND empathy. For two weeks now I have been experiencing on and off insane itching. No rash, except that my skin becomes hive-like when I give in and scratch an area. My dermatologist gave me a topical steroid and it is somewhat helpful (and I bought some CeraVe anti-itch lotion that is somewhat helpful, too). Your mention of being on an antibiotic makes me wonder if that is where mine originated from. I completely forgot to mention to the derm that I was finishing up a week of antibiotics for a uti when this intense itching began. I will pray that your itching resolves, and you can soon be free of the prednisone and its side effects.

elizabeth said...

Becki if the rash doesn't disappte talk to your derm again mention antibiotics.try to eat and drink things to help inflammation. Aveeno lotion and Aveeno bath gel has done wonders for me. Also re: itching Allegra. Ask your derm for advice!