Monday, January 09, 2023

Christmas on Steroids

Back home after an intense but glorious 3 days of Christmas at our faraway church. 

On Christmas Eve I woke at 4 AM. Realized I had a rash. By 6 AM I was doing a video call to my medical provider. I did a covid test (negative) on a real good tester.  Left about an hour later than planned trying to find a dermatologist. Went to at least second half of the Royal Hours and liturgy for Christmas Eve. By time that was done the referal my medical provider did worked and I had an appointment a bit after 3. Before that we went to lunch with a friend and then dropped stuff off at hotel. The doctor appointment. Then to Munchkins house for Holy Supper 

 
Then to Christmas Eve vigil 

Then to pharmacy to get prednisone (I really meant it -- Christmas on steroids) -- and a sleeping pill to try to sleep as steroids keep me from sleeping. As you can tell .... the sleeping pill is not touching me. 

Christmas Eve night I was in a lot of physical distress. 

Christmas day was wonderful with liturgy, handing out Christmas gifts 🎁 and going to hotel to eat takeout we got the day before and we were with friends Christmas night πŸŽ„

And I maybe slept 2 hours Christmas night. The hotel heat system was so loud we had to turn it off completely. I was so overtired that to try to keep warm I wore my wool coat to bed with other jackets wrapped around my feet. So that was a bit nuts. Sunday liturgy was lovely and went to church Christmas party afterwards which was wonderful πŸŽ„☺️πŸ₯³πŸ€ΆπŸŽ…πŸŽ„❤️πŸŒΉπŸŽ„

Then home about 5 PM unpacked and had a simple dinner of granola and milk and a yogurt from the hotel. 

And that is that. I will see if I can get something better for sleep btw. But I will be having less prednisone now than before starting today. The rash is getting much better. 

I really appreciate your prayers as it is not great physically to not sleep etc. But I am home now and can rest!!

I am so glad that it's finally CHRISTMAS πŸŽ„ ❤️πŸŽ„❤️πŸ•―πŸ™

May God bless us πŸ™ 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Just reading about your hectic Christmas makes me tired. I'm glad there were enjoyable and blessed parts as well as health issues. Do you have any clue about the rash, like, what caused it?
I hope you're much better today.

elizabeth said...

The rash was either from stress, the cold I had or a reaction to the antibiotics. I had it years ago (stress) and know the drill. Now I just need to figure out how to rest

joymariecooks said...

Christ is born! Hope you are recovering and resting.