Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday: first day of the Apostle's fast!












The above pictures are all from Pentecost or the Monday afterwards,
called Spirit Monday for short.
I had never gotten them downloaded from my phone
(it is not automatic when I have the battery saving mode on)
on Pentecost it self but they were so beautiful so wanted to still share,
a week plus later!
***
Today's pictures (for the same reason as above) are not around for me yet.
***
I am reading a LOVELY but challenging (as in to keep striving for
Christian growth, repentance) book of quotations by various
Optina Monastery Fathers. 
I love it esp as it is short quotations that are more 
digestible and understandable. 
***
I made the fruit and nut bread.  Such a blessing.
Baked fairly early in our toaster oven which is perfect
when it is hotter out.
***
Praying for those in heat waves right now!
***
We went to vespers locally tonight.
A blessing also.
***
I did only a small amount of work on my writing project,
printing earlier research out and chatting with a 
librarian (I think?) at a NYC museum with some questions.
***
Did some laundry.  
The fruit and nut bread was my saving grace,
as I forgot about vespers and had nothing for dinner planned 
so we had more of the bread with a salad on the side.
***
Well, it's time for bed now.
I am trying to make room for the rest I need.
I am really thankful for this day
and for books to read to learn from,
that I mentioned.
***
God bless you each and every one!
May Christ have mercy on us!

No comments: