Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Wednesday Nearing Thursday








Hello and here we are again!
How was your day?
Mine was surprisingly heavy.
I am not sure why exactly.
***
It was my Grandma's 91st birthday.
I wanted to call her but it did not work out, a disappointment
and frustration.
A card is in the mail to her and I hope to call her very soon...
***
Actually I think that was one of the struggles with today.
A lot of what I wanted to do did not happen.
But what did happen was that I got my hair cut,
Thank You God... and I went on a long walk this morning.
But it was hard.
***
I am reading some beautiful, profound and challenging things
about the need to be thankful.
The things I know are sometimes hard to practice. 
You too?
***
So. Tomorrow I am going to NYC!
To my library mainly.
I am pretty much packed.
I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
Still have to wear a mask.
But just to go is pretty exciting.
I have a list of things to research.
It's going to be good, God willing.
***
Things take such a long time.
***
Patience. Thanksgiving. Hope.
Lord help us!
May God bless save and have mercy on us!

3 comments:

pleximama said...

Gratitude tends to push out feelings of discontent and frustration, but it's so hard to achieve. Lord, have mercy. Your trip to the NYC library sounds delightful! May it be blessed.

Granny Marigold said...

The things we know are sometimes hard to practice. YES. That struggle goes on right into old age. Speaking of old age a heart-felt birthday wish for your grandmother.
I hope you'll have a great day in NYC.

Martha said...

Definitely a heavy few days there for me, too. I didn't take a photo for a few days, which is rare for me... it rained 2 days and I am grateful the sun is back.