Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentines Day Dinner in Pictures


























Details:
Delft Blauw figurine ~ Etsy.  
Cake Stand ~ Michael's 
Tealights and holders ~ IKEA
dishes - VNA rummage sale (Johnson Brother's Tulip Time) (my Grandma's sister, my Aunt P.
had one of this pattern plates on her plate rail in her eat-in kitchen... 
table cloth ~ vintage handmade that came into the thrift store 
that my Grandma volunteered at
years ago and she felt bad seeing it there
 (all that work!) so she got it for me. 
silver-plate ~ my Grandma's that she used for years until 
she moved to her apartment in a 
retirement complex... 
heart tray for sweets ~ from my Mom years ago 
flowers ~ as usual ~ from my Husband's work place for the taking Friday nights!
Meal: at my Husband's request: 
fried potatoes with onion
fried mushrooms with onion (to have with sour cream)
hamburgers (my Mom's advice solving what else to have!) 
Tea: organic ginger 
tall white candles ~ got those at a thrift store years ago, had them in Ottawa already... 
(yes I horde certain things and use them later!)
St Valentines Day Card ~ from 1923!!! found in NYC! 
***
A Valentines Dinner that celebrates 7 years of marriage and that 8 years ago,
on Valentine's Day, we picked out my engagement ring...
(which is a smaller modest one, exactly what I wanted!)
***
I was so happy to make a special dinner party JUST for my Husband
as usually I make pretty tables for a group of people, not just him...
It was so special sitting across the table (I put the leaf that folds down
under the table so it was a smaller table) and just being together
enjoying the special meal together and taking that moment
just to be present to each other...
***
I thank God for this very special day.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

A perfect celebration. You have a gift for setting a lovely table.

Elizabethd said...

It sounds delightful.

Patricia & Fouad said...

How delightful. A true blessing. 💗💗💗

Becki said...

So sweet. And beautiful. You do set a lovely table, Elizabeth. We ended up at a Chinese Restaurant in Indy we hadn't eaten at before (but had ordered take out from with friends). Inside, it was sort of a "dive", but the food was delicious. I'm not sure how to reconcile those two things, but it was a fun Valentine's Day date.