Sunday, July 15, 2018

Thankfulness while in MI at my parent's home....


Two very special Crosses picked out for my newly adopted niece, R. M.!!! 
The gold one is for her 18th birthday... I have written a letter
to her, for her to open on her 18th birthday to go with this
and my Sister and Brother-in-Law are going to save it
for her for this time.... 
I am so excited for her baptism! The Crosses are both
baptism gifts... 


From one of our walks at my parent's house...


One of the cutest dogs ever, named Dobby!


At Lake Michigan 2 weeks ago...


Some of the books I have gotten recently...
I am saving them for when I am back home in NJ... 







I have been blessed with many treats since St Peter and Paul day on Thursday! 
So nice! This week I hope to make scones for dessert for my niece's baptism this Sunday!
I am excited for that!!! 


One of my Mom's Miss Read books that I read already this trip! 
I am enjoying one right now called Miss Clare Remembers that
has a lot of history and lovely descriptions in it!


 My Mom made delicious GF brownies (my sister is GF) and she
used her super fun vintage scale!


I have had fun eating taco salad and today chicken salad too! 


Lunch at my parents house, with my sister, brother-in-law and Uncle L at the meal!


I went to liturgy at the church I was chrismated in 14 years ago
this August...  It was nice to be back...
there were various familiar faces but tons of people who have come
since I left in 2004... a lot can happen in 14 years... 
***
This song is one they sang, along with another one that 
had verses about praising God... I was very moved...
this (below) is one I listened to years ago... 
it's sung by the mother of one of my godsons
and I listened to it before I knew her, so it's 
doubly special to me. 
It's a beautiful song. 

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I have never read any of Miss Read's books, but my favorite song to play on the piano at my parents' house was by Enya, called Miss Clare Remembers. It was inspired by that book!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVdUBlIsf0

Paula said...

Hope you are having a good time in MI. Did you guys get rain? We're still waiting.

Martha said...

Beautiful crosses! And such a pretty church, really heavenly with all the blue and saints.