Tuesday, May 01, 2018

A little about today



It's another busy week.
Always lots to do after a whirlwind weekend.
And this afternoon I put together a corner shelf 
for our master bath.
It was frustrating until I understood how it worked.
Directions were not that great.
I am glad to have this shelf, humble as it's contents are!
The top shelf almost did not work out
as I misunderstood how it was put together
and the little plastic brackets got stuck and 
thank God there was 1 extra and I was able to use
packing tape to help the one that broke...
**** 
Tomorrow DV I am going to NYC after liturgy
for Mid-Pentecost. 
I am picking up DV some organizational things
for the linen closet. 
Thursday I am going to try to organize the linen closet better
and also our freezer/s... we will see how that goes!
***
Friday we are going DV to the VNA rummage sale!
We always manage to find some treasure there.
****
As usual, our personal unbloggable is still 
with a lot of ups and downs. 
We just try to be thankful for everyday and do our best in them.
Tonight at vespers I was given a beautiful icon of the
Mother of God and also of St John of Rila, a little one, 
and this is a comfort. 
Slowly we are making continued improvements to our home
and in organization... 
My parents hope to come DV in October and we hope to do a bit more
in terms of home improvements then.... 
we are making progress and our home is a real delight.
I thank God for it and for my life with my beloved Husband! 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sometimes it's the "little" things that can mean so much--even a new shelf in the bathroom! HOORAY that you were able to put this together--and by yourself! It's a really nice shelf! We have a VERY tiny bathroom, so storage is always an issue... so I understand! LOL... How love the gift of icons you received! May you can show us those soon? Wonderful new that your parents may be coming to visit later in the autumn--I pray so along with you. :) God BLESS you both everyday, with everything... ((HUGS))

Mat. Anna said...

It’s nice to find something that works efficiently in a small space. Makes such a positive difference.

I look forward to seeing what you find at the VNA sale! You always find some fun things.