Monday, June 12, 2017

Progress...








I keep on knitting wash cloths!
Nice to have different colours from my quilting friend!
I bought a black sketch pad and photo tabs to make into a scrapbook
of all of my cards. :) 
It's nice to look them over!
I got 2 more books by DE Stevenston too!
The last picture is from CB in WA as she wanted to see 
the silver tea set I bought at the VNA at the beginning of May
and wrote to her in a hand written letter about! :) 
It's the beginning of the Apostles' fast and we had
a nice meal of fried potatoes, a spinach salad with carrots and 
a delicious strawberry, banana and clementine salad!
I am doing my best to be thankful for the day to day things.
Making my scrap book is a lot of fun and reminds me of 
all the love and care I am being given while I wait to walk again.
That is a lot to thank God for. 

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, It's been a little while since I have been able to stop in. Your silver tea set is just lovely. I talked with my cousin a couple of days ago who said you all are in a fasting time. I am sure that eating lovely food on lovely dishes helps keep you as you take this time for spiritual cleansing. The time is passing and hopefully very soon you will be able to down those stairs and out into the sunshine. Praying for complete healing. Blessings to you.

shoreacres said...

I especially enjoyed seeing those dish cloths. My mother used to make those by the dozens, in the same pattern and with the same multi-colored yarn (although she also made plain white and pastel ones). I still use the ones she made, although I've tucked a few away to keep as mementos.

elizabeth said...

thanks so much Gloriade!!! I really appreciate your words!

S.A. ~ thank you. that is so neat about the wash cloths! Thank you!

Christie Browning said...

E,
Thank you for posting the picture. The teaset is lovely. Love and prayers. CbfromWA