Thursday, February 06, 2014

Second NYC GF Cheesecake


I made my second NYC Cheesecake.


This time I used the tart shell crust.


From the Gluten-Free Baking Classics that Ginny 


I mixed up more of the GF brown rice flour mix.


It's really easy.


I shaped the tart crust in the 


I made this cheesecake last Friday
to eat for our Monday belated Christmas feast.
It takes 5 of the 8 oz cream cheese boxes!


I am thankful for my egg separator. 


I forgot to add the ingredients one at a time
so it was a bit of a hurried cheesecake.


It was not as uniformly creamy because of this...
 

This time the cheesecake did crack on top...
I am wondering if it was because of the difference in 
how I mixed it or if it was because I used the tart crust,
which did not go all the way up and was a much lighter
delicate crust,
so it would not of helped hold the cheesecake in a 
very firm way inside of the springform pan.


None the less,
it was a lovely cheesecake,
more summery and light because of the 
lighter tart crust.
An enjoyable finish to our belated Christmas dinner!

No comments: