Monday, February 03, 2014

A belated Christmas dinner, snow and lightness


I made meatloaf this past weekend.
Something I enjoy from my growing up years...
*
Recipe as follows:

Elizabeth's Mom's Meatloaf:

1 to 1.5 lbs of ground beef
1 cup milk
3 medium pieces of bread torn into pieces 
1 egg beaten
1/4 tsp of pepper 
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce 
1 tbsp ketchup

Mix ingredients thoroughly.
Spread in ungreased 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours.
*
I like it with a bit of mushroom soup on top;
Mr. Husband with some ketchup.
*
I enjoy it with a salad, apple sauce and baked potato.
A simple and fast meal to prepare.
*
We are grateful for it as today it is snowing
and Mr. Husband was unexpectedly home for lunch... 
much to my delight,
as I am cooking in the kitchen today for tonight's
DV belated Christmas dinner.
*
Menu includes:
~baked cauliflower with cornmeal
~orange and ginger glazed carrots
~NYC cheesecake with raspberry sauce for dessert,
with choice of tea or coffee. 
YAY!
*
On to other things...
in general I am trying to stay off FB and
do not care for all the picture-clutter...
but I did like this one...


Cleo has often loved that laser toy herself... :)
Nice to have some light humour in the day...


It is snowing thick clumps of white...
Everyone is still planning on coming over for dinner... 
three baked dishes are in the oven at present...
the chicken is ready and waiting in the fridge,
the cauliflower has to be done yet...
*
I am grateful for this day. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're like me - I don't put chopped, fresh veg in my meatloaf, like onion, celery, etc. I want it to be a fast dish, not involved. Plenty of liquid and bread to stretch it out.