Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Getting closer

 
In just over a week
I will go down South again
to see my Orthoman.
*
Work keeps me busy.
I am slowly contacting movers about
cost of moving and
various possibilities.
*
I paid my library card fines
that I had not paid
in a long time
at my local
public library
downtown
 branch.
I still remember when I was new
to Ottawa
almost 7 years ago
and got a card and checked out
cookbooks as mine were still packed
away with most of my belongings
in London Ontario.
I was in Ottawa to do co-op and
see if I liked the city
as I was looking to live in Canada long-term.
So I stayed 7 years this September.
And now I will be leaving
my beloved Ottawa
to be with my beloved Orthoman.
*
God's been super merciful to me
and this week I have been given a sense of peace
amidst the changes that I don't always have;
moving and traveling is draining
and I don't claim to be some
spiritual superhero who
never loses her inward peace.
Even that I have a bit right now is merely
both a calm before a storm of busyness
and because of the Lord Himself,
the prayers of the Saints and
the prayers of many others.
*
Thank God for this mercy.
*
We do not know what tomorrow holds
but as the protestant saying
that I and my family quote and love
we know who holds tomorrow.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Never heard that saying before. I like it! Wishing for you to hold onto that peace in the midst of all your travels and tasks.

elizabeth said...

Maria, it is from an old song sung in protestant churches... most likly one that my Grandpa used to sing...

Lyrics to I Know Who Holds Tomorrow :























Why don't we just do this?
Play that song that ma used to like
To hear me sing in church all the time
That's the one
*laughs

I don't know
About tomorrow
I just live from day to day
And I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to gray
And I don't worry about my future
For I know what Jesus said
And today He walks beside me
For He knows what lies ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to under-understand
But I, I know, I know, I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds, who holds my hand
Oh yeah, yeah, yes, hey, yes
Who holds my hand

Molly Sabourin said...

OOh, I love that feeling of having my library fines paid off! : ) May the irrational and merciful peace of Christ continue to comfort you, Elizabeth!

elizabeth said...

Thanks so much Molly! :)