Thursday, March 22, 2012

Slogging along by God's mercy

 
My friend's bookshelves.
I loved this room so much.
Especially as my house is slowly being dismantled
book by book at the moment.
Bags of
to be gotten rid of
books.
*
Today my dear friends was
one unusual day in the library.
Everything seemed to be going wrong
though it was all righted by
the end of the day.
It was stressful.
At one point I was talking to one of my
colleagues who said he had a
few days he'd like to start over
but now that this day is done
work wise
anyway
I am glad it is over and can be done.
*
I have a cake to bake
and a photographer to speak to in
19 minutes.
I best be off...
*
May we keep praying for all those
who are suffering
and who are in our hearts.

3 comments:

Donna Witek said...

Oh I've had days like that, for sure. I am slogging through today as well, but not so much because things seem to be going wrong (but I *do* know what that's like!), but because I'm so tired from am overbooked week and now feel like I'm coming down with a cold of some kind :( Hang in there, friend! :)

Mimi said...

Oooh, I love the books too.
You are doing a wonderful job of sorting, decluttering, and assembling your life. Congratulations.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

I really enjoyed your discernment post on the sailing blog. I'm glad you were able to pause just a bit and slow down. I'm sure your cake turned out delicious as always!

If I were nearer to Canada or the East Coast I would help you pack & unpack! But, as it is I can "just" pray and try to offer encouraging comments. Really, the most un-fun part of a new marriage is the engagement! Once you are in the church, everything seems to just fall into place.

Tell Orthoman that some half-witted woman in Alabama is thinking of y'all as you endure the engagement. People say engagement is exciting, but the truth is after the proposal & before the white dress is donned is a part of life that must be endured. Best wishes, indeed!