Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 1 Nativity Fast 2011-2012


And so it begins;


the count down to Christmas


13 days ago or today


(Dec25/Jan 7).


I began reading Fr. Thomas Hopko's


Winter Pascha


see here for excerpts


and today was busy


researching for my proposal,


meeting my great job coach about it


and then coming home


calling my Mom


and finding out that somehow I or we or someone


had gotten their wires crossed as it were


and here I thought I was to go to Brampton to see my Oma


tomorrow and had my train ticket booked


accordingly


and was aghast to find out that my family was coming the day after


and only for one night and then


suddenly


I did not know if I was going to see my Oma with my family


but Via Rail


very kindly


changed my ticket to the next day.


WHEW.


Thank you God!


Thank you Via Rail for treating me like a human being


stuck in a jam with the wrong day booked for


the ticket!


So.


I go Wednesday


come back Thursday


work on my proposal on the train both ways


and on Friday


and I fly Saturday afternoon to Michigan.


(Expeida was not so kind and would not change my ticket


to accommodate the new situation I was in


but that too I trust is from God and is for a reason).



I talked with a friend on the phone tonight


about wanting to do the Holy Supper


Christmas Eve


again this year.


I love how Fr. Thomas Hopko explains


that Christmas is


considered a three-day Pascha;


I am looking forward to entering Church


God willing


Christmas Eve


wearing red and anticipating the coming of our Lord


born in Bethlehem.



O Christ,


Light of the World,


Come Quickly


We need You and Your Saving Hand;


Lord, Come and make haste to save us!

3 comments:

E Helena E said...

Whew! So glad you were able to change the train ticket and will see your Oma. The hand of the Lord is in everything.

Kh. Patty said...

I haven't been able to read blogs much lately, but I should make time to read yours! It always brings me such peace. Thanks for stopping by mine even though I have been quiet lately!

chicory cottage said...

i'm reading hopko's book, too...i really enjoy his thoughtful essays and that each one includes pieces of the liturgy. blessings to you (and cleo!) during this Advent/Christmas season!