Monday, February 02, 2009

Quiet Day

I was thankful that I had a quiet no-emergency-reference-question/s day. I am still dizzy (esp. with the residual congestion from my head cold) and this is tiring.

Question of the hour: I am looking for some simple healthy energy-giving snacks to have at work. Would love suggestions. So far my only answer is to have a stash of nuts at work, and maybe dried fruit. Any thoughts?

On the pass the blog post on front (I am a librarian!), Fr. Stephen's post was lovely to read. He has various posts recently about anger from various perspectives. Take a look and while your at it, you can see the other posts he wrote recently. (That is if you are not already one of his regular readers!)




7 comments:

E Helena E said...

Thank God for a calmer day for you! Sorry to hear about the still ongoing dizziness (yet another friend also suffering from this...diagnosed as virus in ear). I will pray about this.

Dried fruit and nuts come to mind first as well...hmm...hard boiled eggs and whole wheat crackers with a can of V-8 juice??

elizabeth said...

that sounds yummy... hmmm... I never had the nerve to have V-8; perhaps I should try it...

I go to the ENT in March...

Thank you very much for your prayers E-H!

E Helena E said...

Would be happy to pray especially for you on the day of your appointment...keep us posted.

RW said...

how about some cheese and crackers
do you have access to fridge - yogourt is always good.
apple slices and peanut butter.

Athanasia said...

Grapes - a good snack that does not take up a lot of room.

Small boxes of raisins.

Granola bars (high in sugar and fat though, unless you make your own).

Hope you feel better soon.

Mimi said...

We have Nature Valley granola bars at work, we get them at Costco.

elizabeth said...

hmmm or should I say yummm... lots of good suggestions here, thanks! I will be taking these into consideration for my next grocery run...

now the question is: which crackers should I get! There are so many to choose from!

thanks again everyone!