Tomorrow is the big day. Well okay one of them. Day of dreaded work evaluation. Meeting new person day, meeting boss day, social day, maybe work lunch day. Most of this is not bad. And my paper for class, which I freaked out about last night, is further along than I thought.
Would welcome prayers. I know I am a highly sensitive person who is learning not to panic at work. BTW, this book and others may be good to read if you think you are either a highly sensitive person or if you are a parent, if you think you child/ren may be.
Anyway. Lots to do and learn. Ironically, about the book, highly sensitive person ... I never did finish reading it. I still recommend it, but of course was reading it a few years back when I was overwhelmed and had to stop taking in new information. Oh the ironies of life. I should finish the book, as the purpose of it is not to merely affirm or define what a highly sensitive person is but to show the HSP how to thrive while still being themselves.
Here are things that are helping me cope this week (not in any order really):
1. trying to not panic - for me this involves a lot of self-talk that is not negative, a lot of encouragement, and trying to keep things in perspective. This is hard and I am working on it.
2. I made one of my best vegetable soups this week - potatoes, carrots, zucchini, green beans, basil, garlic, onion, tomatoes, oil, Parmesan cheese. I add tortilla chips when I am eating it - adds crunch and it needed a bit more salt...
3. I have yummy organic white cheddar cheese and crackers. And boiled eggs and grapes. Good work snacks. Thanks again to those who gave suggestions on this!
4. My Mother is praying for me. Others are praying, including some beloved church friends and my loved blog friends. (Thank you.)
5. Special prayers in icon corner.
6. I have meds to help me sleep now - my insomnia is slowly getting better!...after a very long time. Walking up at 6 AM instead of 2 or 4 AM makes a huge difference. My sleep is still variable, but at least I can say it is improving.
7. Being thankful and remembering that I have a lot of blessings in my life.
I admit to being worried that I am getting sick again - so I am also trying to take it as easy as possible in the midst of a more intense work week.