Thursday, April 20, 2023

Today would have been Peter's 76th Birthday


I got the calendar reminder today....

For Peter's birthday 🎂....

Whenever we visited and would take him out, I told him it was for his birthday 💕💔

I knew Peter for 17 years... he was still in his 50s then.  

Grief is hard....

I went to NYC ....

My doctor said I am still processing the last few months and the memories. This was one of the hardest times of my life. And my Husband's. 

I just pray that we are given some time of quiet, with peace and sunshine to heal....

Editing to add that my doctor said that the process I am in is similar to grief... that I am still figuring out what/how/when everything happened and that later I will be able accept it (after understanding) athen move on. I wish it was an easier process but it is as it is....

May God have mercy on us 🙏 all...

3 comments:

Becki said...

Oooh... I imagine that automated reminder of Peter's birthday must have been bittersweet. Praying for your hurting hearts. I am glad that you have the help of a doctor to try to understand the trauma of what you recently went through, Elizabeth.

Granny Marigold said...

Your friend Peter died so close to his birthday. Last year my brother died on the eve of his 82nd birthday.

Martha said...

You've been through so much! Prayers that peace will come and stay for a long while.