Friday, April 07, 2023

Lazarus Saturday

 


I was reminded of one of my favourite songs
that I sang along to again and again back in Ottawa
when I was working a difficult job... 
it really captures the cry of the heart and lament 
and then unexpected glorious hope. 
***
Really neat things at end of this blog post about
Lazarus' first and second tomb! 
***


I made it to liturgy this morning for the Annunciation. 


We had fish afterwards to celebrate. 
***
I still have some congestion in my ear area but
I hope I am getting better. 
It's hard to tell, as I have moments when I don't 
feel well and others that I feel fine. 
***
Wishing everyone a blessed Holy Week 
(or Holy Weekend for those on the Western Calendar). 
***
Soon we will all be together celebrating the life
changing news:
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
***
(Which reminds me of a story, I think in Romania, not sure,
during communist times when a professor was
going on about atheism being right and someone
asked to say just a little in refutation
and all he said was:
Christ is Risen
and the class answered Truly He is Risen
and the student sat back down...
(my Husband says that he remembers this story
that it was a Priest who said this after an
atheist pubic lecture but says this probably 
happened more than once, most people
in Orthodox countries, even if they don't 
go to church, know how to respond to
'Christ is Risen'... )

1 comment:

Gretchen Joanna said...

I really love that hymn! Thank you for posting the video. A blessed Holy Week to you and your husband <3