Saturday, March 05, 2011

Almost There


Lent is almost upon us.

We need the Saint's protection

and God's mercy.

*

With taking French twice a week and work
and looking for more work
I find that I don't have as much time to blog
or read others' blogs.

Please know that it is not that I have lost
interest in any of your blogs,
but just that I am trying to keep my head
and maybe my shoulders
above water.

*

Lent will be even more busy,
so I don't know how much I will be blogging
for this reason alone.

*

I still am struggling with anxiety about my
unknown after this month of March
job situation.
It is more the being alone with nothing but job searching
and a lack of daily structure
that scare me than money at this point.

*

The rash that I had in November and that came back in January
may be returning again;
I seem to have a questionable spot again on my face.
I ask your prayers.
I really did not want to go on the strong medicine for
a third time.

*

If however there is something one of you
my beloved blog friends
esp. need me to know
please email me at roosjeblog @ yahoo . ca

*

Meanwhile,

Here's some great resources for lent:

Fr. Thomas Hopko's podcasts here and lots of podcasts

with a lenten focus here

*

The first thing though is the services;

confession;

repentance.

Life instead of death is what lent is all about.

May Christ have mercy on us.

*

Forgive me for anything I may have written that

in anyway hurt or wounded.


3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

"Life instead of death is what Lent is all about."

That sums it up. Thank you. Forgive me. God forgives.

Gretchen Joanna

Matushka Anna said...

Forgive me.

God forgives.

(And I've been fairly inactive too (sorry) but I'm still kind of keeping up.)

Kiernan said...

Forgive me. May God forgive us all.

What a beautiful opening to the Lenten season. A blessed Fast!