Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lent, half way through week 2

(Christmas Eve Holy Supper)
*
No longer Christmas
but Lent.
*
The second week is incredibly painful for many of us;
I have been spared for the most part;
one of my friend's Dad's health maybe in grave jeopardy;
someone I love deeply lost their spiritual father;
blog friends are losing fathers and fathers-in-law, mother-in-law;
thinking about the grief is dizzying.
*
My friend Mara is out of the hospital;
I have yet to be able to speak to her, due to my schedule.
*
It is a family member's birthday;
At least four women I know are pregnant;
in the midst of death is life;
Lent is here and we must seek God's mercy
and His joy that is found even in the midst of great pain.
*
I think of the beatitude,
blessed are those who morn
for they shall be comforted.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

It does indeed seem to be a Lent of great anxiety and grief to many people I know.....my dear friend Mary's husband has been diagnosed with cancer, my Uncle Bob has a brain tumour and my Uncle Bob on the other side of the family is very seriously ill in hospital.

Prayers for Mara and for you, dear Elizabeth !

Beth said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers for my father and family. It has been such a great comfort to know that I, that we, are surrounded by friends, known and unknown, who love us. I am so truly blessed.

Peaceful weekend to you.