Friday, May 22, 2009

4 Month Contract

I got an unexpected call today from a former employer (government) who I loved working for. They said they have a 4 month casual (as in a short term contract) position that they want me for! The interview would be a formality!

This will give me enough money to live on, save money (in case I do not have work come September) for rent! It means I will not have to move out of my apartment! My little home!

WOW. This is the Lord's incredibly abundant mercy. A job where I know I am well thought of, that I have experience in and that I can walk to. And that I do not even have to have the nervousness of a real job interview. This could not of been better for me to rebuild my confidence and get another job on my resume.

Thank you for your prayers. Please pray for me that I can have a good informal interview (they told me what experience they want me to talk about) and that this can be a really good summer contract for me.

Glory to God!!

The interveiw is this Monday at 3 EST; prayers requested!

17 comments:

E Helena E said...

Wow!! Glory to God and prayers for you! How wonderfully provisional this would be.

elizabeth said...

I know. Really wonderful. I am quite excited about the possiblity. It seems to be a really good thing...

sarahlaughed said...

Praise God! I'm so happy for you!

Athanasia said...

wonderful news! Wonderful!

RW said...

That is an awesome development.
Glory to God.

mamajuliana said...

WooHoo!

I'll be praying for you on Monday!

elizabeth said...

Thanks S! I could do a little happy dance about it... !!
Thanks Phillipa! yes, super exciting!
Thanks RW. YES. Glory to God.
and thanks M-J - the prayers are appreciated and still needed!!

Michael Hermann said...

That is fantastic Elizabeth. God does provide. Let us all thank the Lord for He is good.

M

Michelle M. said...

How wonderful!!! PRayers that it all works out!

elizabeth said...

thank you Micheal. Yes. Let us thank God.

thank you Michelle! I really appreciate the prayers!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What good news !
My prayers for you will continue.

elizabeth said...

thank you so much Elizabeth! I know I need the prayers as this is another new beginning...

Pres. Kathy said...

Great! Glory be to God! You will continue to be in our prayers!

DebD said...

What wonderful news! prayers that all goes well.

elizabeth said...

thank you so much Pres. Kathy - the prayers are needed

thank you also Deb - I appreciate this prayer.

::Sylvia:: said...

Glory to God! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

elizabeth said...

thank you very much Syliva... I appreciate your comments!