Saturday, August 20, 2022

Preparing and Processing


God willing we are having dinner guests next week Sunday (feast πŸ™ of the Dormition of the Mother of God part 2) and my Husband and I will finish the short Dormition fast (began the 14th). 

I currently have another batch of cranberry orange muffins in the toaster oven. I know. I have them on repeat. It's partly because they are comforting to I am saying goodbye to my dear mentor 😒 πŸ’” this week.  I have been baking them since I said goodbye to our foster nephew and flew back to NJ.....

.....Also thank God that I am going to have some cleaning help this week. And probably some takeout food on Monday. I have groceries coming Wednesday. And flowers πŸ’ for the feast day on Sunday πŸ’•πŸ₯°πŸ•―πŸ™

I was able to change my tablecloth and got stains out of the other one! Did you see the marble bookend? It keeps the table decoration firmly in place while I put the heavy plastic back on....

I dream of NYC this week but it's doubtful. 

We will see.

I hope to make a meat Pasta sauce and a vegan pasta sauce (will mix some of it together) for Sunday's dinnerπŸπŸ‚πŸ·πŸ₯° ... I am also DV having (premade frozen ready to bake) garlic bread and will have a salad.... and a plum torte for dessert! 

My new batch of muffins...

Life is such a jumble of things, I really had to fight for Thanksgiving today....as in a thankful heart.

I feel like I have been wandering around a lot on sadness in between things and it has been hard to even find a book to read πŸ“š for consolation.

I did read the short story "the ikon on the wall" by Elizabeth Gougde and was consoled (and impressed).

I am so glad for God's mercy and for all the blessings He has showered upon us πŸ™ ❤️πŸ•―

May Christ save us and have mercy!










2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Marble bookend. I wondered what it was. Kind of looked edible, like maybe a chunk of fudge.
Whatever it was that got on your tablecloth, it's good that you could get the stain out.
The muffins look so good. Have you shared the recipe in a past post?

Becki said...

Those heart shaped muffins make me smile, Elizabeth. They sound delicious.