Wednesday, August 31, 2022

It Was Magical Because I Was Looking for Beauty





























Pictures in order of my discovery of this small beautiful lush overgrown green beautiful beautiful green sunshine filled garden .... in between the red brick building (also lovely) and the black fence that left much room for enjoying the flowers, the lush green beautiful flowers of all sizes garden.  

I worried about the first trees with so much bark torn off.

I was amazed at the tree full of bends and knobbly, with a huge healed scar of a large part of the tree removed, severed.... 

The the flowers, of which I took many pictures, trying to capture the beauty I was seeing as I stopped and looked. And looked, and looked...

And the birdfeeder! What an unknown sight in cement city Manhattan! I was charmed, it felt like I stepped right into an Elizabeth Goudge novel where beauty and sprawling gardens are found.  

I tell you, this garden, this beautiful not secret garden, instructed me so much... how thankful I felt! How honoureds to see such beauty!

So few really stopped and saw what a beautiful oasis was just to the left of them, as they walked down the street... 

And that was the flowers I saw, the garden that most did not look at, not realizing that a microcosm of beauty was there, standing in luxourious waiting... to be seen, savoured, gloried over... 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trees will be okay :)

They are Plane trees, and that is what happens to their bark naturally over time. Planes are very sturdy and disease resistant, so they get used as urban greenery in major cities, since other kinds of trees are less tolerant of being surrounded by concrete and resipirating car fumes.

When my grandparents visited Italy many years ago, a major part of their picture taking was of the Planes that lined the streets of Rome, which they called "camoflage trees" for lack of a species name. They were happy to show us pictures of all the cultural sights, but they were the most excited to share the "camoflage trees"!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous photos…as usual….and your description of your days, recipes and thoughts are always a treat to read.
Thank you. V.

Granny Marigold said...

That was a beautiful garden. Our sky this morning was so blue and the little clouds were so pretty that I held on to DH's arm so I could walk and stare at the sky ( I didn't want to spoil our walk by falling on my face hence the clutching of his arm.) It's so true that many miss the beauty that's right in front of their eyes whether a garden or a sky or even a bird.

pleximama said...

Your pictures are a feast for the eyes!

Gloria said...

There is always so much beauty to be found all around us if we only have eyes to see. Beautiful photos Elizabeth.