Wednesday, August 17, 2022

muffins make everything better


Yesterday we went to an evening prayer service for a sick child (leukemia, complications) ....

It was good to pray together. 🙏 ❤️

Today I went swimming 🏊‍♀️

Months back a long term mentor of mine told me she is moving. My last visit is next week. She helped me through a lot. So I just seem to be grieving a lot of changes and loss this year. 💔 

I think a lot of people are. 

I knew I needed my go to comfort food: fresh vegan cranberry orange muffins. Only half cup sugar for 12 muffins and 1/4 cup vegetable oil 👍🥰🤩🙃

And I needed one of my favourites Madeleine L'Engle books The Young Unicorns.  And really strong decaf tea (Barry's tea 🫖☕️from Ireland). I feel better than I have in hours.  

We are doing some reorganizing and the living room is a bit of a wreck. Slowly and surely it will get better....

May God have mercy on us 🙏 




5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

There's comfort to be found in tea and lovely muffins.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Tea and muffins and a favorite book. Much comfort there. And you have my dishes! Very same ones.

elizabeth said...

Absolutely!

elizabeth said...

Yes! Fiestaware?

Martha said...

Hugs!