Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Tuesday a Rest Day


I was quite tired today! I rested up! Also listened to talks & interviews!

And read... 

An unexpected book.... I asked my Husband for it for my names day...

....it's a "you know that you are weird when" moments.... (that I just love, that make me laugh)

I know. ☦️

😁🤣

Seriously though. If you know you know. 

Orthodox funerals are actually the most amazing experience of prayer grief hope lament faith poignancy and beauty that I have ever seen. 

And this one is a bilingual Romanian English version that Fr Roman Braga helped with pubished in 1973.

In other words for Orthodox Nerd me it's basically SUPER COOL. 😎

I love this prayer above so much. It's like perfect headstone material. 

Little known fact: I love Orthodox Monastic Cemeteries. This is the sort of thing I think about (while not being depressed either!)

And it's pretty high theology all about Repentance Hope in Christ and that we are made in the image of God...

Anyway. Welcome to the Ortho-Nerd part of my epic research project 😁📚❤️

Ok. Time to wind down. 

May God have mercy on us and save us!

3 comments:

pleximama said...

Not weird! It's spiritually beneficial to remember our mortality as we read the funeral service. Those are beautiful words you've highlighted.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Not weird! The funeral service is so, so encouraging. Glory to God, when we die we may pass from death to life, not the other way around. What could be more wonderful?

Lisa said...

"I am a lost sheep. Call me, O Savior, and save me." That sounds just right.