Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A Romanian Princess who became an Abbess


I was looking up pictures of Mother Alexandra (a Romanian Princess who founded a Monastery in Ellwood City PA) and found some talks recorded in 1975.  I am sharing them below.  Above are two framed pictures (post cards) I have of her.  

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 1 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 2 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 3 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 4 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 5 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

Steps in the Spiritual Life - Part 6 - Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania)

I found Part 4 first so I listened to that one so far.  

I found this to be a special find!

May we have her prayers! ❤️🕯🙏

2 comments:

Lisa said...

These things are always amazing, when someone like that changes around so completely. But from Romania to Pennsylvania! That strikes me as funny. :D

Maria said...

I am Romanian (I live in Romania), so this post was such a nice surprise for me, especially because I am also fascinated about the life of Mother Alexandra (Princess Ileana of Romania).
I've been reading your blog for years, but I don't think I've ever left you a comment or maybe ... I vaguely remember that I may have left you a comment once.
I just enjoy reading you.

Here in Romania we have a book called "Principesă și monahie. Domnița Ileana - Maica Alexandra"
https://www.libris.ro/principesa-si-monahie-domnita-ileana-maica-sop978-973-136-276-2.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr_eLg8id-QIVxqfVCh2svgp2EAQYAiABEgIbzPD_BwE

I read it twice already and I absolutely love the cover of the Romanian version of the book.
The book was written by Bev Cooke, a Canadian writer, so I'm sure it is also available in English.

Thank you for sharing the links for the talks, I shall definitely listen to them.