Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday Feast Day







Today was St Peter and Paul day! 11 years ago my priest in Ottawa gave me the blessing for my Husband to know about me (I knew about him for a month and a half before he knew about me).  We will be married 10 years DV this September! 

So liturgy was beautiful.  The flowers, stunning.  I got to have this Feast twice as I was at the Monastary in Michigan (on new calendar as they say) and had it there... the unity of St Peter and Paul is so beautiful... 

I've been thinking a lot about unity and what it means as a Christian to both desire unity with God (union with, communion...) and unity with others (that they shall be one) ... 

I got some new books (Orthodox books from a Monastery in England that I got via 8th Day Books which is lovely.

So we do have these.  We really hope it is not that plus more.  You can imagine that this has been a stressor for us!  

We are already brainstorming how we may deal with this (could be that our crawl space above the ceiling will need to be examined and that means emptying the pantry again (just refilled it a week ago exactly).  Because I have sciatica (as far as we know), doing that much work can equal being in pain.  So, we are researching hiring someone to do this for us.   

I have researched new cell phones.  Soon that will probably be over.  

I managed to get my writing table clean! That was a feat. 

I did a bit of reading and brainstorming for my ongoing writing project.  That was good. 

I had my first ice cream cone of the season! My Husband and I made a trip to Trader Joes to pick up their French Vanilla Ice Cream. :) 

Well, it's time to work towards bedtime.  I have so much to do and will just have to keep working on it all. 

May God save us and have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Oh no! carpenter ants and termites! We are on the the watch for them constantly. They are the bane of homeowners! I hope you can find the source quickly. On the other hand, the icons for Peter and Paul and wonderful and the flowers as you said, just stunning. Unity, something we must strive for as hard as we are able, especially in the divided world we are unfortunately experiencing, both inside the church as well as the world. Lord, please forgive us our sins as we forgive the sins of others.

Lisa Richards said...

I'm buying pints of ice cream. My usual 1/2 gallon is going for almost $9. Maybe it will save me some calories!:)

Granny Marigold said...

You sound very busy. I hope the pest problem gets resolved quickly ( and without the need to empty the pantry again).