Monday, July 27, 2015

Things I love



Some of my favourite feasting foods...





We have a little mint plants....
I leave the shade a little open for them,
and water them often;
the one closest to the sun shriveled one day
and I watered it quickly and prayed
a little and it revived.
I think how much it is like the soul
but we don't see ourselves well and don't often
realize when we are shriveling and in need of water.
I am slowly understanding how water is imagery
for the Holy Spirit.... 


I loved this chocolate bar very much.
My friends from abroad gave it to Mr. Husband and I...


It is enjoyable always to have a chocolate chip cookie...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Chocolate is important, yes. :) I think mints like water anyway - I'm glad they revived.

Lisa said...

That pbj looks so yummy! Glad your mint survived...yes, water for the weary soul. :)

Rosemary said...

Happy little mint plants! :) We have a forest of mint growing next to our deck. It's been quite happy with all the rain we've gotten this summer; I've definitely been under-utilizing it. I've been thinking of making mint jelly, and perhaps mint tea.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

My mint patch has grown waist-high and is about five feet square, with outrunners to other parts of the garden too.If you find mint recipes, please share them!

Martha said...

I also love granola...is this homemade? I've made it before, but just bought some organic granola at Aldi's, that is really good! ♥
What a nice spiritual comparison of mint to our souls. I have been meaning to try this quinoa tabbouli recipe, which calls for 1/2 cup mint: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/quinoa-tabbouleh

Apseed said...

I tried to grow mint once,but it wasn't successful. Next time will be more fruitful, hopefully:)
And I like the light in your bedroom. It's magical!