Tuesday, December 16, 2014

{Baking @ Home} ~ Christmas Cranberry Chocolate Chip {Vegan} Cookies

My cranberry chocolate chip cookies I have made
are very crumbly, while delicious and 
I thought I would try a different way....
I went back to the original recipe...
while this cookbook is a 'mass market one' I can't help
feeling that it is very personal...like the author of the recipe
talking right to you as it were.... 


I used vegan margarine and an egg replacer.


I was talking to my Grandma last week and 
telling her how I made my Christmas Chai with
my coffee grinder (will do a blog post on that in the next weeks
I hope!) and she said she uses her food process to chop cranberries.
Genius I thought and did the same!!! 






Mixed up the dough with egg replacer, 
added cranberries coarsely chopped and vegan chocolate chips...


I could tell the batter was great as it was 'thicker' as it were...


I don't worry as much about having my cookies look 'neat' as it were... 


They turned out well!
I think I will try to make four batches of these next year,
what you see here is two batches done in 1 batch... 


All these cookies are now in the freezer to get out later this week
for St. Nicholas day!
Some of them were enjoyed earlier for a Ladies Tea I did...
and they were quite enjoyed! 
****
Edited in 2018 to add this picture with baking times:


10-15 minutes @ 375F! I do mine about 12 minutes or so.

6 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

Yum!!!!!

Matushka Anna said...

I love how adventurous you are in the kitchen!

Apseed said...

Thank you for the tip about cranberries!

Rosemary said...

Oh these look good! I need a few recipes for an exchange we're going to and have some cranberries in the fridge ... maybe this will be one of them! :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

They all look delicious!
I've really missed not being able to do any Christmas baking this year :-(

Heather LeFebvre said...

those look and sound very good. I'm printing the recipe in case I get time to try them....