Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Prayer Requests


This morning as I was enjoying
the sunshine, washing up yesterday's dinner glasses,
listening to CS Lewis' Perelandra via audible,
my phone blinked it's small green light
that tells me that I have a new email:
A dear friend asking for prayers for her sister L.
who is very sick overseas.
Praying, I light a thick candle and prayed
instead of listening to the book...
 
So tonight I got news of another person God loves to pray for:
Please pray for Mat. Emily's new brother-in-law
Alex, who she writes:
 He was commuting home from work yesterday on his bicycle 
and was hit by a car.
He has a skull fracture and 
had been admitted to the neurosurgery icu.
*
Please I ask your prayers for sister of my dear friend L. and for Alex!
*


Tonight is already liturgically
the feast day of the Archangel Micheal.
He is a great and powerful intercessor for us!
Please join me in asking prayers for the
health for servant of God Alex!
*
Commanders of the heavenly hosts, 
 we who are unworthy beseech you, 
by your prayers encompass us 
beneath the wings of your immaterial glory,
 and faithfully preserve us who fall down and cry to you: 
 “Deliver us from all harm, 
for you are the commanders of the powers on high!”
~Troparion for Synaxis of the Archangel Michael...
*
Akathist to St. Micheal the Archangel here.
*
Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy!