Wednesday, May 25, 2022

May is flying by

So I need a new phone. Will be working on this some what soon. I think that's why I can't load pictures to my blog via my phone.  I am typing this on my phone so no pictures but oh well.

I continued to be in a really busy season. 

I am thinking of Madeleine L'Engle a lot. Last year I read a newer collection of essays/interviews of/by her.  Seems that early in her writing career, she was pulled in so many directions (as a wife, Mom, writer) that she ended up getting sick and in hospital. 

Now that I am working on a big writing project I can see how hard this is to balance. I saw a meme like quote about if you are serious about writing you must devote 1 or 2 hours a day to it. 

This is how I reacted to such an idea:

😳😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously. I don't have usually the ability to set aside time. I grab it as I can.  

Sometimes I work on my writing for much of the day. That's rare but occurs sometimes. 

There is not a day that I am not working on it. 

My reading for it is incredibly varied even though I have 2 books I especially want to read. Or finish.

Well. I don't have much more to say now. 

May God have mercy on us and save us.


1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

I wonder if you’ve ever read L’Engle’s son-in-law’s (Episcopalian priest Alan Jones) story of how differently he perceived the reality of life in the rural L’Engle home. He thought she quite romanticized it. It made you wonder about her nonfiction accounts of her life and family. I think he and her daughter ended up divorced, so that must have affected his memories quite a bit.