Monday, May 09, 2022

16 Pairs of Socks






I got behind on laundry (and my Husband inadvertnaly hid my dirty socks, long but simple story) and finally I will have socks clean again. 

I am so tired it's ridiculous.

Monday is supposed to be my rest day.  But I can't function in a messy house.  And I needed socks.  

I did talk with a friend, my dear dear friend in Romania.  That alone is a profound blessing. 

I am hoping go to away this weekend.  So this week is going to involve a lot of rest just so I can do this. It's one of those if I don't grab the opportunity, it will be a long time before it comes again. 

I bought a cute skirt at the VNA. With these (last picture) shiny flowers.  8 fell off when I dried it (we dry all linens that we get used to be sure they are 'bug free' before we even wash them).  

I would love to sew them back on (there is lots on this skirt) but realistically I won't have the time. 

The top teapot picture is slightly blurry.  It's a really cute one, vintage Japan teapot, most likely from the 1950s.  I got it for 10$ at the VNA rummage sale.  I love it. 

I am sleeping better but once I have a super bad night of sleep it takes days for me to recover.

May God have mercy on us all. 
  

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That's a pretty tea pot. And a good deal too. Too bad about the flowers coming off your skirt though.
I hope your plans to go away work out.

Pilgrim said...

Glad you found your socks. It’s the little foxes that spoil the vines. Though sometimes one can get by with socks easier in warm weather than cold.