Saturday, May 14, 2022

Here I am again

 

I booked a plane ticket for mid-summer for me to be at my sister's foster son's birthday party.  He will be 3.  And so far it seems that his bioDad, in the end, will have him (as in take him from my sister and brother-in-law).  We were told originally, and until last year, that he was going to be in our forever family.  I am 46 next birthday and have no children, which was one of my biggest dreams of my life that did not come true.  So you can understand that this is very hard for me personally.  Losing my foster nephew who I held as a baby thinking, as we all did, that he was going to be adopted by my sister (like his half sister was the summer before he was born) is incredibly painful. 

I can't go into more details than this other than to say that the foster care system failed numerous times in the management of this case and the failures themselves are awful for everyone (including the biodad).

I can only ask your prayers as we have no choice in traveling this unexpected path of grief.  

6 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I am so sorry, Elizabeth, for everyone, but especially the little boy.
There is plenty of grief to go around.
May God comfort you.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so sorry that in the end the little boy will be taken from your family. So sad.
I am glad you will at least be at his third birthday party. Small consolation.

Lisa said...

What a shame for everyone concerned.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Lord have mercy!

This sounds so, so painful.

Becki said...

This is heartbreaking to read, Elizabeth. I can only imagine the pain and concerns you all must be experiencing.

Gloria said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am so very sorry. It sounds like a tragedy for everyone concerned. May God help each of you to find comfort.