Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Tuesday: Wakefullness and Books with lots of TEA







Today I had a better day than I would have expected.  I did lots of PT, they called and asked if I could come even earlier, I was just finishing up with breakfast... it went better than I hoped. 

I had a meeting in the afternoon, I did another tea tasting from a lovely gift of teas a friend gave me from Russia.  You can read the tea tasting in full HERE.  The part about the tea, I will copy for you right now:

This tea is fascinating in how hints of flavours come out as one breathes the wonderful aroma and really focuses on the tea. Hints of: floral sweetness, slightly bitter lemon, the berry notes of hibiscus, the grassy hint of lemongrass and the scent & flavour of thyme. This reminds me a bit of Greek Mountain tea. Put in a really unique case, with a string with wax seal keeping the tea sealed until it is ready for its first use! It's a very impressive and unique craftmanship!

My Husband loves to tease me while I carefully consider the tea I am tasting to write about it.  I breathe the tea in, taste it with measured sips and jot down notes that my Husband, who does not smell things like I do, is a bit incredulous of.  But I know my teas and I know what I wrote above is accurate to my experience of it.  He likes to say things like the tea 'tastes like tea' (his view of the green tea I had earlier this week) or, today's tea 'is brown water' (ha ha, it's not even brown, it was a golden yellow really) or he goes on about tea and that which excrete (if you know about that sort of tea, you get his joke) ... but really, while I tease him right back about his jokes about tea (as you can see from what I am writing here!), I really find him to be funny and his laughter always makes me happy.  

I am reading various books and just finished this one that you can see HERE that was a real cheering up book. 

I managed to do the dishes and my Husband and I listened to a delightful part of the Lord of the Rings during dinner and we ended up putting dishes away and washing up afterwards, which was an unexpected delight.  I thought while in this moment: this is something I always want to remember, this moment of communion over dishes and Tolkien....

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I best try to get to bed.  It's late as it is.

God bless you and keep you and save you... 


4 comments:

Martha said...

Lovely, that tea especially!
I'm almost finished with 84 Charing Cross Rd. Helene is such an interesting person and reminds me a bit of you with her appreciation of good books.
Do you wash dishes by hand? We had a dishwasher machine in our old home and I miss it.

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, After reading your lovely post I put on the tea kettle and the tea is steeping as I write. It's just a simple orange spice herbal, I am afraid, but in a pretty teacup refreshing to the soul. Blessings to you this lovely day.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The tea sounds lovely. I can see you are the person to ask if one is looking for something different in tea. I enjoy tea but am not a connoisseur by any means. My sense of smell is not the greatest either, maybe that's part of the reason my tea tastes are pretty simple. So I learn a lot here on your blog. The book, by the way, sounds delightful. I'm going to look for it. Thank you Elizabeth!

Granny Marigold said...

I plan on looking for that book also. With cold weather setting in there will be a lot more drinking tea and reading.