Saturday, October 16, 2021

This Week in Pictures: Happenings












It is just a bit after 5 AM.  I have not been sleeping that well.  I think in part because my days have been full, in part because Larissa died, in part because of the perdictiment of the ongoing pandemic and the loneliness that is part of it.  Grief, it is part of life.

I managed to be in NYC two times this week.  That is rare for me.  Next week though I am not sure that I will be able to go in or the week afterwards.  I have a hard time being patient. 

I finally talked to my Grandma again (it had been 2 weeks). I am really touched by how she cares so much for her friends.  She visits them, calls them, sends cards, bakes for them.  She just found out a friend, who she has known since school days (70 years ago, she is 91) and who she is still friends with now, has cancer at 91.  She is so aware of her friend, cares so much for her and her perdiciment (widow, daugther died a few year ago, lives alone) that I forget my Grandma's own perdiciment of being a widow; she focuses on that she has all living children; but beyond this, she just focuses on others and how to bless and encourage them and also on Christ and trusting God for His help through these difficulties.  Her sister, my Great Aunt Phyl, is still slowing down and losing things - hearing, mobility, health.  She's going to be DV 96 in January.  How hard life is but yet how rich one's faith when one trusts in Him.  I realize she is happier because she does not focus on herself... though there is still pain of course in suffering with one's friends, but better too.

I am not able to always blog like I used to, I am sorry about that but I can only do so much.  I am trying to post once/day if possible on my public IG account, you can always look at it (even if you don't have an account I think), just go HERE.

I was quite relieved to finally get some work done at the library.  My writing project has so much research that it takes a lot of time just to write a page or two.  

May God have mercy on us.  I know we are all struggling with burdens in our lives.  Lord have mercy on us. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like the photo with the morning light - very pretty! Take care, Elizabeth.