Friday, January 06, 2012

Holy Supper


Did a simple version of the Holy Supper.


Borscht, Perogies, Bread, Fruits.



The bread I saved from my Oma's


Panahkyda.


Today liturgically is her birthday;


as well as in actuality my Grandpa's birthday;


I talked to my Grandma today


as I try to always do to remember my


Grandfather;


my Grandma always told him he was born on the


12th day of Christmas,


Epiphany as they know it....



The borscht turned out really well!


Did it a simple way as I did not have


a lot of time.


1 can beets with juice


1 can northern white beans


2 very big carrots chopped up small


3 large potatoes chopped up small


half of a larger can of tomato sauce


sauteed until caramelized onion with lots of margarine


added three or so cloves of garlic half way through


and some ground sea salt and pepper


chopped up and added lots of dill at the end.



Perogies with lots of caramelized onions


done in a generous amount of margarine.


Dried apricots and figs.


Water for dinner


and black tea afterwards,


as per request of guests.


It was a lovely meal!


Then we went to church for Great Compline and


the Litya.


We made it to Christmas Eve!!


Christ is born! Glorify Him!

8 comments:

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Dear Elizabeth, Indeed He is born! Happy Christmas!

Elizabeth J. said...

Indeed He is born! Have a joyous Christmas!

Matushka Anna said...

Christ is Born!
Glorify Him!

Merry Christmas!!

E Helena E said...

A blessed Christmas to you! Glad you were able to have the holy supper. Sounds lovely.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

How lovely ! Christ is Born !
Blessed Chrsitmas, dear Elizabeth & Cleo :-)

Xen Xen said...

Christ is Born! Glorify Him! Congrats with the feast!!!!!

Rebeca said...

That is beautiful! Christ is born!

Empower Her Faith | AL said...

Indeed He is born! Glorify Him! A blessed and joyous Christmas to you and your loved ones my dear Elizabeth!