Sunday, September 04, 2011

The First Week and two busy weekends

So I survived my first 5 days of work.

It began well.

I found by the end of the first week that

it was a bit of an adjustment

to work in a place

where my title is not officially

'librarian'

though I am still using a lot of my librarian skills.

I found this hard actually.

But it is not an impossible situation;

just an adjustment.

And I am so glad to have a job.

So I am glad but keeping it real I guess.



Yesterday was the church picnic


and it was beautiful.



Last Saturday I was at the Greek monastery


and this was a blessing.


I got some new books and Icons...


will try to remember to talk about them sometime soon.



I bought roses for last Sunday's


feast of the Dormition;


kept them in my fridge for freshness;


had not done this before;


not sure if it helped or not.


*


On a bummer of a note,


it looks like I have that face rash for the 4th time now.


So off I will go again to deal with this.


*


On a serious note:


I have a friend who is really struggling right now;


if you can pray for her I would greatly


appreciate it.


Due to common sense I can't go into details,


but I love this friend like a sister


and it is heartbreaking to hear of her struggles.


*


On a chipper note:


Canada and the States both have Labour day tomorrow.


This means a day for me to cook and clean.


I am more than ready for a day to just be home.

No comments: