Sunday, April 10, 2011

Almost there


(Flowers from the Feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God
from last August in Michigan).

*

Wow.

We are at the 5th week of lent.

The 5th week often has had very painful things in it

in the past;

I said this to one from my church and the reply was

must be because it is so close to Holy Week.

This makes sense;

Holy Week, as my spiritual father says,

is, if you were only to live for 7 days,

the 7 days you would want to live

and that these 7 days contain

everything needed for one's salvation;

(he is quick to add of course one needs to go to church

year round).

*

It is hard to believe Holy Week is almost upon us.

I have great anticipation for this week.

*

Meanwhile this coming week I will have to do a lot

of job searching activities.

Please pray for me.


2 comments:

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Last week of Lent proper - how did that happen! Part of Fr S' sermon yesterday was to encourage us all to prepare ourselves this week as well as we can for Holy Week, whether or not we have been able to observe the rest of Lent much. I like this foreshadowing of the Paschal Sermon. Very best wishes for this week's job searching.

Mimi said...

Wow. What amazing words your priest shared (and I giggled a bit at his final thought, true indeed)

It seems I say this every year, but my Lent went by so quickly this year.