Monday, September 01, 2008

Labour Day / New Calendar New Year

After a good weekend of teas, brunch and the Sunday church meal, it is time to get ready for the week.

I am thankful that this week only has three work days in it for me! Work is slowly getting better; a lot to learn.

Most of all though, I need to learn to trust God more and stay peaceful.

I am looking for a new place to live; I desire a bigger closet and a living room. Even though moving is an added stress, along with my new job, I feel it is time to move, if at all possible.

I do not want to live through another winter in this apartment building. I am looking at a place tomorrow night - good location and it has a dishwasher - we will see.

I realized, a few weeks ago, a wonderful thing or saw it from a new angle. Psalm 50/51... when it says

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.

I realized that God also is not despising of those who are weak, broken... it was comforting to realize that while many elevate the strong, the beautiful and the rich, God is does not despise those who are broken and weak.

Praying that this new year will be truly a new year...

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Amen.

Happy New Year - may it be a year of blessings and love.

tamie marie said...

I think it is hard to remember that God does not despise our brokenness or weakness, but it is true. We are loved through and through...

Peace to you as you look for a new place.

elizabeth said...

thank you both very much