Wednesday, December 14, 2022

NYC ~ Busy at Christmas Time

I had a real run of shopping today!

Harney and Sons 
McNultys Tea and Coffee 
Myers of Keswick 
Tea and Sympathy 
Trader Joe's 
TJ Maxx

And now my Christmas shopping is (nearly) done.

For me the last three years Tea and Sympathy homemade mince pies 🥧 are part of Christmas for me.  I personally really love them.  I got some today, wrapped them carefully and put away in the freezer as our Christmas, as most know, is in January.  

Picture from last year of a mince pie 🥧 so small, warm inside with a little bit of brandy butter: perfect.  With a nice hot cup of tea 🫖☕️

I was glad to be walking again! It's getting better, some soreness but I need to get stronger again. 

I found a planner for next year. It's perfect for me. And two nice notebooks for DV more research next year. 

I have a lot to be thankful for. 

When I back in New Jersey there was a young girl maybe early 20s nice clothes, makeup, neat hair in a pony tail I think. Sitting on a bench, in the dark, weeping as people walked by.  I circled back.  She said that I was so nice but she didn't need anything. I promised to pray for her tonight. Maybe you can join me? 🙏

Christmas time is always hard for so many.  

May God have mercy on us 🙏 

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

You certainly had a successful shopping trip. Sounds like you managed all the walking quite well too. I think I would have loved shopping in some of those shops!

Lisa Richards said...

All kinds of good things in this post. Also good that you offered help and prayers to the young gal. Enjoy your walking. :)

Gretchen Joanna said...

I inherited from my grandma a set of four mugs with that same strawberry design as on your teacup. On the bottom they say JASON, and England, Fine Bone China. I speculate that she had received them as a gift; I never saw her use them, actually never saw them until after she died. I keep them because they are so pretty, but I never use them, either!

elizabeth said...

Fun! The cup was at tea and Sympathy!

Martha said...

I met an Orthodox man at the chapel of the 7 holy youths (which is an English mission about 45 min. south of the monastery) about a month ago, who works at the Trader Joe's in NYC!