Sunday, February 27, 2022

So Much



Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart within me is distressed. ~ Psalm 143:4 NKJV
***
This week for me has not only had world-wide upsets 
that are quite grievous to me 
(Ukraine of course)
but...
~some of my friends had dear ones die
~a child I know suddenly hospitalized with a rare cancer
~a man told us of his loneliness as his wife died
(possibly, it was hard to tell with his broken English
but she may have died in a bomb explosion years ago)
~news of cancer of another friend
~friends with on going illnesses 

All in one weeks time basically. 
***
This week is going to be a busy one.
NYC Monday and Thursday with dinner
prep for a Friday dinner other days
plus cleaning house and such.
***
Today we had the last bit of meat before Pascha which is
Sunday April 24 this year.
6 weeks of Lent and Holy Week.
Somehow it suddenly feels real and long.
We've been praying that we will be prepared for it
and have some fruit from it.
***
I made this bread for tea this Friday night, 
it's in the freezer now...
***
May God have mercy on us all! 

4 comments:

karen said...

the Ukrainian news is heartbreaking and I'm sorry to hear that dear ones in your life are suffering. Our lent starts this Wednesday, so quick!!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

It has been that sort of week for me as well — seems to come in waves. I have never been political and have always taken the world with a grain of salt but this situation in Ukraine has touched me deeply and left me with such a heavy heart. I believe in the power of prayer and have been praying like never before. They say history repeats itself and that appears to be the truth.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you had a sad and difficult week. Hopefully this week will be easier starting with NYC today. May all go well.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I think many of us are suffering for the pain of those around us and in the world right now It's a fight to keep centered on the Lord but there is also a lot of deep and heartfelt prayer going on right now. May God have mercy on us all, yes indeed. Hugs to you and prayers for a blessed and fruitful Lent.