Monday, March 23, 2009

Humans - Dignity - Blog Post Recommendation

Fr. Stephen often articulates what I need to hear. I wanted to recommend this post as it shows how the Orthodox understanding of human dignity.

So much work, it seems, needs to be done on what it really means to be human, not to mention what it means to be a woman, and what it means to be a man.

The world in which I live has very distorted understandings and expectations.

I hope to do a post sometime on what it means to be human in a work environment. Questions like:

What does it mean to be "humanely" treated; what do our "rights" mean and what does an Orthodox understanding of this. (Short summary: I am beginning to wonder if to demand one's "rights" is truly Christ-centred).

Lord have mercy on us all, as well seek to understand Christ's incarnation and that we are made in the image of God.

6 comments:

DebD said...

I look forward to your thoughts.

E Helena E said...

These are good questions.

elizabeth said...

Well, I have the questions and I believe there are answers, but I am not sure if I understand or know the answers.

I have a feeling the answers are not simple and are not always that easy to live with...

Lord have mercy.

Kassianni said...

yes, in north american culture, we are particularly rabid about our 'rights'.

elizabeth said...

yes, but what to do about it, is another question...

Michael Hermann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.