Monday, July 21, 2014

Our Home Has Been Blessed!

 Our House is Blessed! 





It is so very nice to have one's house blessed 
with prayer, holy water, oil and incense!  
*
Our priest, his Matuska and son stayed for dinner;
Mr. Husband's parents have known them all for years
and it was a lovely time of fellowship and reminiscing!




Meal:
Home grown mashed potatoes & salad from parents-in-law's garden
fruit salad of red grapes and blue berries with whipped cream on the side
red wine, water
*
Flowers from guest's garden, vase Mr. Husband's.
Table Cloth and Candle holders were wedding gifts to me
from my Ottawa parish.
I also used rose tea towels and apron from IKEA
for the first time... 
I got these from the IKEA gift card
that my Ottawa church family also gave me.
So it was full of many memories and love, this meal...


Grandma's sauce boat.


Bowl from Halifax trip years ago.
Silver from rummage sale Mr. Husband and I went to;
other dishes from wedding, sales and bridal showers...





It was a lovely meal enjoyed by all!
*
Dessert:
Juniors cheese cake
Tea, milk, cream, sugar, agave.






My Mother-in-law helped greatly with the meal
and it was a really special time! 
We are so thankful to God for His great mercy to us!

7 comments:

Mary said...

That looks like a delicious meal!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a blessing, if you will pardon the pun!

Lisa said...

More people should have their houses blessed.

Rosemary said...

How beautiful, and what a good feeling to have your house now blessed!

Matushka Anna said...

You set such a lovely table as always! :)

I know you're feeling better now that the house is blessed. <3

Paula said...

What a lovely day and the table is beautiful!

Apseed said...

What a beautiful tradition!
***
And you inspired me to make some whipped cream with berries.