My Husband wisely told me I needed to go home to my
cousin's husband's funeral.
It was beautiful, real and with grief in the hope of Christ's Ressurection.
***
I am glad to be back home now.
My Husbnad had to stay behind but we texted and video chatted
daily...
***
I got to see my neice four times,
my Grandma once,
my cousin three times and my parents daily.
***
My mind was exploding by the end with so many various
ideas and also BIG emotions and grief work.
***
My Mom gave me this small silver-plated bowl from my Oma.
***
I heard a really thoughtful sermon that mentioned that
Christ, when feeding the thousands, that he Had 12 baskets left over:
fish and bread for each of the 12 disciples:
i.e. Christ provided for His disciples as well, the workers feeding others
were also feed and provided for.
***
Well, I am very glad to be back.
Grief is hard. Loss, change and readjustments and facing life in light of loss
is exhausting work but God is with us and gives grace in the dark times
differently than in the happy times,
I love what Jim Forest said in one of is book titles:
all is grace.
***
May God have mercy on us all.

No comments:
Post a Comment