Monday, June 12, 2023

"You WILL Get Better" ~ Remembering My Mom's Words

 


I was remembering my Mom's confidence, cheerfulness
and faith that when she came and I had lost my memory, 
she would tell me again and again:
"You WILL get better"
or
"You ARE getting better!" 
and 
"Many people are praying for you, you will get 
better, it just takes time." 
***
Thank God my memory is back now. 
***
I had to tell my Husband
(we are dealing with a complicated house repair
with a lot of complications that I can't go into here)
that God WILL help us, 
that we have asked for God's help and 
in God's humility and love He actually listens to our 
requests and cares and WILL help us.
***
I am being challenged to remember
(re Met Kallistos Ware's book, 
The Inner Kingdom) that repentance
is directly linked to hope in God.
Repentance is what we most greatly desire but
often don't know it 
but is the path to true peace and love,
as it is the path to Christ. 
So we have hope, hopeful expectation of God's help
and mercy... 
***
I am finding that the time I am in right now calls
for a lot of waiting, a lot of patience, 
a lot of trust. 
Lessons of my life, that I hope I can grow in.
***
With God's help,
growth can truly happen,
by God's will, time and mercy...
***
May God have mercy on us and save us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glory be to God for all things! Have you ever read about the recently newly glorified saint- fool for Christ St Ekaterina of Pühtitsa (Estonia)? https://orthochristian.com/116822.html, such a wonderful eldress saint ❤️🙏🏻 Stay well! Greetings from Sweden